cuc-brittle or serpent stars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tabasco1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I will never do another star. they are pretty cool but they do knock coral over and are just a bigger hassle then they are worth. IMO there are much better inverts for a CuC then these.
 
a purple linka would be fine in a 45 imho just make sure you epoxy all your corals down they do tend to knock stuff over..... mine is hiding all day with in the rocks for the most part and the sand sifting stars dont ever leave the sand bed so there nothing....
 
Personally if i ever go for a star again, i might look into the basket star. They are amazing creatures but i have heard they can be slightly hard to care for.

More than a little hard. They are very hard to keep alive.

CJ
 
Really? Are the purple linkias much smaller than the blue ones? If so they are going on my list!!

I am having them include the star. I will post pics of it to see if it stays or goes. Based on the feedback here, green=go.
 
mines kind of big like 5" or so i mean they say a 75 gal is recommended but i don't see why really there very easy to keep and don't have requirements inmho...
 
That is not too bad. I will check them out to see what they max out at. Some of the blue ones I saw were pushing 10"+ How long have you had him? Have you seen much growth?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new