CUC for SPS tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter fragit
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
1,869
Location
Freeport
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what you SPS pros use for a clean up crew, and where do you purchase online besides reef cleaners?
 
AquariumDepot.com has a lot of cuc packages. Good prices and most shipped free.
 
Check out BRS youtube channel. They have a video out called something like "40 or 400 CUC" since SPS tanks are most likely relatively low nutrient you probably won't need much more than 1 snail per gallon. This also changes depending on the age of the tank.
 
http://www.aquariumdepot.com/cyano-hair-diatoms-beware-saltwater-clean-up-crew-ships-free/

I have credit at liveaquaria.com and I used them to get my clean up crew. But the ones above looks ok

Minus the turbo snails, they bulldoze your frags around.

I would replace with trochus and margaritas snails for cleaning glass and rocks. Mexican Turbo are the only ones I know can eat hair algae. Emerald Crabs if you have bubble algae issues.
Wow that's a great deal! I paid 15 for 6 turbin snails and 17 for 3 Mexican turbo snails.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new