Sand substrate

will do 10% weekly water changes.
Would this be adequate for my tank?

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of tank are you shooting for? Ie what are your reefing goals? Fish only? softies? LPS? SPS? Mixed?

What type of light are you using? What other methods of nutrient control are you using? Skimmer? refugium? ATS?

I wouldn't add anything until you're actually growing stuff in the tank or they'll just starve to death. If you're looking for something interesting to add in the beginning though, hermits are cool and usually pretty hardy. He'll eat detrius and fish food.

Upvote 0

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The CUC needs to match your cleaning needs, if there are no inhabitants generating wast they would starve. I wouldn't recommend to take emerald crabs, as they grow they become more an more aggressive to other tank mates.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

ReaganX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of tank are you shooting for? Ie what are your reefing goals? Fish only? softies? LPS? SPS? Mixed?

What type of light are you using? What other methods of nutrient control are you using? Skimmer? refugium? ATS?

I wouldn't add anything until you're actually growing stuff in the tank or they'll just starve to death. If you're looking for something interesting to add in the beginning though, hermits are cool and usually pretty hardy. He'll eat detrius and fish food.
Right now, I have just two black clownfish. IF I decide to get CUC I did plan on making sure to get some seaweed as a supplement to lack of algae. I have recife ECO 24 gallon and what came with it, by Aquatop.
As far as corals I’m holding off on all even on softies. At least until I get better lighting and learn more about all the corals. I’ve learned a lot in research but going to wait for a little while.

Upvote 0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 105 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back