CUC not dead, not dinos?

swoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been trying to still determine if my algae is early cyanos or dinos or diatoms... I'm monitoring my cuc and it seems they are still going strong even eating my brown algae... heard dinos is super toxic so was wondering what some other tell tale signs are..

Yes, I have read the dinos sticky in this forum but I've also read everywhere else about bubbles on algae could mean literally any of the algae I listed. Need some input. Be nice.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been trying to still determine if my algae is early cyanos or dinos or diatoms... I'm monitoring my cuc and it seems they are still going strong even eating my brown algae... heard dinos is super toxic so was wondering what some other tell tale signs are..

Yes, I have read the dinos sticky in this forum but I've also read everywhere else about bubbles on algae could mean literally any of the algae I listed. Need some input. Be nice.
Not all dino's are highly toxic. Without pictures I can't offer much more than that. To be certain of what you are dealing with would take a microscope.

OP
OP
S

swoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not all dino's are highly toxic. Without pictures I can't offer much more than that. To be certain of what you are dealing with would take a microscope.
Oh good to know. Honestly it could be any one of diatom Dino or cyano. I’ve read through the characteristics

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back