• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Cultivatedreef

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Feeling a little frustrated/disappointed. I ordered a 203$ order from cultivatedreef.com and Fedex delayed it, so they resent the package. (thankfully) Then, my second package was also delayed, so I paid for shipping BOTH TIMES and BOTH TIMES my orders were delayed and DOA. So after all of that, paying 203$ and shipping twice for dead corals, all cultivatedreef can tell me is “The only thing that I can think of that you could do is call Fedex and try to put a claim in with them” Which as we all know is a joke because Fedex will do anything they can to avoid refunding anything to anyone. And apparently she “can’t think of anything”?? I know that it’s not either of our faults but I’m sure she can think of something to remedy the situation instead of trying to put it off onto Fedex. This has been a stressful situation because although they did reship my order it was like pulling teeth to get it, and the person who “helped” me was very rude and passive aggressive towards me.

Cultivated Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello R2R members,

I reluctantly feel the need to reply to this post. I do not want to say something negative about a customer to the general public and I feel the details between elcapitan1933 and me is a private matter. So I will be refraining from writing a point by point defense to his comments. But at the same time his post is not entirely accurate and so I am left with little choice but post a reply to help clear up this matter publicly.

Simply put, we require notification and photographic proof of any corals that dies or is unhealthy within the 3 day arrive alive guarantee period. If a coral isn't dead but at the same time isn't doing well during that period of time then we will give the coral time to see if it will either recover or die. We want to be sure that if a coral ends up dying, even if it's a few weeks after the 3 day period, that we replace it for you. It was hard getting focused clear images from this customer that showed either a dead or dying coral. This made the replacement process slower. In time we basically assumed what he was telling us the truth and replaced all the coral that he claimed had died. Per the customers request we also included 3 bonus corals that was not part of the original order shipped. He was only required to pay for the shipping costs which is pretty standard in a situation like this. It should also be noted that this was the first time he paid for shipping since the first order qualified for free shipping.

Unfortunately this second reshipped order arrived about 6 hours late. The only email we received from him during the 3 day guarantee period was that Fedex was late. There was no mention of any problems with the corals. It was only after the 72 hour DOA period that we then received an email saying all the coral (except the 3 free corals) had died. He did not include any photos to support his claim. Due to the history surrounding this particular order, and the lack of follow through with the DOA policy that he was very familiar with at this point, we decided to not replace his order and ship a third time. This was the first time we have ever refused reshipping an order in all the years of selling coral.

Please know that we take pride in our level of customer service and value all of you. You can view countless positive reviews in our forum located here...https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/cultivated-reef.1013/

To avoid potential ongoing drama, this will be our only reply to this thread.

Thanks for your consideration,
Cultivated Reef

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Th
Hello R2R members,

I reluctantly feel the need to reply to this post. I do not want to say something negative about a customer to the general public and I feel the details between elcapitan1933 and me is a private matter. So I will be refraining from writing a point by point defense to his comments. But at the same time his post is not entirely accurate and so I am left with little choice but post a reply to help clear up this matter publicly.

Simply put, we require notification and photographic proof of any corals that dies or is unhealthy within the 3 day arrive alive guarantee period. If a coral isn't dead but at the same time isn't doing well during that period of time then we will give the coral time to see if it will either recover or die. We want to be sure that if a coral ends up dying, even if it's a few weeks after the 3 day period, that we replace it for you. It was hard getting focused clear images from this customer that showed either a dead or dying coral. This made the replacement process slower. In time we basically assumed what he was telling us the truth and replaced all the coral that he claimed had died. Per the customers request we also included 3 bonus corals that was not part of the original order shipped. He was only required to pay for the shipping costs which is pretty standard in a situation like this. It should also be noted that this was the first time he paid for shipping since the first order qualified for free shipping.

Unfortunately this second reshipped order arrived about 6 hours late. The only email we received from him during the 3 day guarantee period was that Fedex was late. There was no mention of any problems with the corals. It was only after the 72 hour DOA period that we then received an email saying all the coral (except the 3 free corals) had died. He did not include any photos to support his claim. Due to the history surrounding this particular order, and the lack of follow through with the DOA policy that he was very familiar with at this point, we decided to not replace his order and ship a third time. This was the first time we have ever refused reshipping an order in all the years of selling coral.

Please know that we take pride in our level of customer service and value all of you. You can view countless positive reviews in our forum located here...https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/cultivated-reef.1013/

To avoid potential ongoing drama, this will be our only reply to this thread.

Thanks for your consideration,
Cultivated Reeft
This is a lie and you know it, I have emails proving this, your the one who basically so to bad so sad when I told you the delivery was late and you took days to reply, that’s on you, like I said in my last email I will be contacting my card provider, thank you, by the way I didn’t send pictures because you said you were not going to help, then you try to claim that as the reason why you are not helping, that a bold face lie, when you said “te only thing you could think of that I can do is contact Fedex” sounds a whole lot like your burnt I’m not going to do anything for you does it not?

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You have been rude to me from the start, forcing me to let the dead corals rot in my tank all the way for “proof” even though you could clearly see they were dead, then you argued with me about it for over a week before finally agreeing to replace my order but refused to send one of the corals and claimed you didn’t have it in stock even though your website showed it in stock and still does to this day, that was another lie, then I told you about the three frags that should have been included from your reef2reef post for orders over 200$ and you threw a fit about that, I don’t understand your business ethics? I also forgot to
Mention you lied about there being a storm on the Tuesday it was supposed to ship when it actually was the Wednesday you shipped it, witch probably caused the delay in the first place

Last edited:
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back