Is the jar big enough for copepods or does it has to be larger

image.jpg

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd recommend a larger container, it will be easier to maintain some semblance of water quality and tempature. you also want some water movement in the form of an airline, a container that small, without something for scale, seems so small that the air would make it too turbulent

Amstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought these jars at Walmart then the rubber topper at Lowe’s. The rest are just things I had laying around. Has worked well with my tiger and tibse cultures

Attachments

• IMG_6460.jpeg
    IMG_6460.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 21

floridareeflabs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, per your container we recommend 1 gal min but 2-5 gallon containers work better over; that said your container will "work" but copepods will probably not get as dense as you would like. The drink containers will spigots work great for home cultures. Also, for air you want to avoid mico bubbles from an air stone. It is better to have a rigid air line with a slow medium size bubble as the idea is to churn the culture and not mix with bubbles.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.8%
Back