Cupermine + cloroquine phosphate

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if it is possible to run both at the same time. I have 4 tangs.
Yellow tang
Lavander tang
Halfblack mimic tang
Lemonpeel tang.
1 talbot damsel
1 tricolor wrasse
2 blue chromis
1 vampire goby
1 diamond goby.
I had an outbreak of either ick or velvet about 4 months ago. At that time i lost a couple chromis, 2 tangs, & 4 clowns. I was unable to remove all fish to go fishless for the 90 days. I used the poly lab medic since i had already bought it. I did not follow the recommended dose. I tripled it for 60 days straight. Then i another 30 days. I had the lavander and lemon peel in qt. After loosing the halfblack i bought another. Ther rest of the fish on my list were already in the display. I have added the 3 tangs from my qt, but if i suffer another outbreak, i will teardownthe display to qt everything. I was thinking about hitting them with both meds to be absolutely sure everything is 100%. I have plans to add a white cheek so that is what really has me on edge about curing it all.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no need to mix the two. They treat for the same thing. CP covers Brook and uronema as well.

If you have access to RX CP I would just use it. The Wrasse may not fare well in CP. @Humblefish has had some luck treating some genus of wrasse in CP.

NOT recommended to mix the two.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always used copper, cupermine but never cp. Thats why i thought of running both

OP
OP
S

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As i read cp kills worms and flukes too? So no need for prozi?
Ive never ran prozi either, but im just getting back into the hobby after 16years away

OP
OP
S

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was under the impression that i killed flukes and exterior worms and parasites. That the food may rid the gut of worms.

If you are correct, then besides running copper or cp for ick ect, then your running prozi for worms & flukes same time?
Followed by what for internal parishes?
I run copper followed by prozi vut thats it. Ive been away from the hobby for 17yrs so trying to get up to speed in current meds.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was under the impression that i killed flukes and exterior worms and parasites. That the food may rid the gut of worms.

If you are correct, then besides running copper or cp for ick ect, then your running prozi for worms & flukes same time?
Followed by what for internal parishes?
I run copper followed by prozi vut thats it. Ive been away from the hobby for 17yrs so trying to get up to speed in current meds.
Correct copper, then prazi. Mixing simultaneously will likely cause a bacterial bloom.

General Cure can be mixed with copper at a much less chance of a bloom. It contains a slightly lower dosage of praziquantel than prazipro, and metronidazole, which is the med in metroplex.

For internal parasites you need to food soak either metroplex or general cure bound with seachem focus.

General Cure since it contains metronidazole and praziquantel will treat for intestinal worms as well. Internal parasites and or worms are usually pretty obvious as you will see white stringy poop coming from the fish. Alot of the time it hangs on the fish for a while too, so easily spotted.

OP
OP
S

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the day it was copper or the methalane blue formaldahyde i dont remember to many other options. Freash water dips too.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have successfully ran qt with CP and coppersafe together and treat many fish but i always use half the strength of copper and full strength of CP if running together. but i dont find a need to run both as it will not do anything more or less than using one at a time. (i did it as an experiment)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back