Cupramine contamination questions

katiestl

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2021
Messages
23
Reaction score
16
Location
St. Louis MO
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using Cupramine in a quarantine tank to treat ich or velvet, unsure. I have a heater in there a HOB filter and I moved my MP40 to the quarantine tank also. My questions are around Cupramine or copper getting into things and then I can’t use them again.

I want to be able to move my MP40 back to my display tank but is it now “copper only”? Have I ruined it? And the heater? And the tank itself because copper gets into the silicone edges? What about a glass or ceramic cup that I used in the copper quarantine tank?

I don’t want any inverts who are still in the display tank (or ourselves) to get sick because I didn’t do something right!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new