Cupramine QT Level-0.25?

chandavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve searched but cannot seem to find QT level of cupramine for QT’ing new fish. Bottle says 1 mL/10.5 gallons for 14 days. But I believe this is to treat ICH.
Am I to use same ratio to QT new fish? 14 days?
Thanks for your help!!

image.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve searched but cannot seem to find QT level of cupramine for QT’ing new fish. Bottle says 1 mL/10.5 gallons for 14 days. But I believe this is to treat ICH.
Am I to use same ratio to QT new fish? 14 days?
Thanks for your help!!

image.jpg
You should follow the label instructions. I tested the label dose against a Hanna checker and a spectrophotometer, and the dose came back as 0.56 ppm. I normally dose copper for 30 days during quarantine.

jay

OP
OP
chandavi

chandavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jay. So quarantining and observe new fish from LFS at .5 ppm for 4 weeks? Would think to bring up copper level over several days?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jay. So quarantining and observe new fish from LFS at .5 ppm for 4 weeks? Would think to bring up copper level over several days?
I normally bring the copper level up in a day or so, just testing between additions to ensure that the calculated dose is correct.

Jay

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cupramine’s instructions say to dose, wait 48hrs and dose again to bring level up to 0.5. I keep it there for 14 days as per the instructions. Then fosh get transferred to observational qt for a mth. Treatment qt is 20g bare bottom w no live rock. It’s an alien and stressful in ornament so I like to keep em in a 45g fully cycled properly set up observation tank for a mth where they can live comfortably

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back