Curious question...

  • Thread starter Thread starter ndz98
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2015
Messages
1,949
Reaction score
1,091
Location
Cookeville
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't doubt someone has asked this question before, but let's just say I lived by an ocean. Would it be okay for me to go take water from there and use it in my tank? I wasn't thinking of doing this but it just made me wonder.
 
I don't live near an area that sells it, but I have read on the forum that there are stores that do sell natural sea water. From my understanding it is collected farther off shore to limit the pollutants and such that could be in the water from run-off. I'm not sure how easy it would be to go and collect it.
 
Known as NSW systems Natural Sea Water, loads of people do it but there are steps to follow i believe. i think there are forums that have mapped out certain coastlines for best spots to get water from. depending on where you live of course :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new