Curly algae

Jasonscottramer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2015
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever dealt with curly algae before? I am battling some hair algae as well but this is different, grows primarily on rock and is thicker like a macroalgae. If you have dealt with this before would appreciate an ID and any tips on how you beat it. This is a 8 month old setup still going through some ugly stages. Nutrients are low but I am guessing thats because the algae is binding it up.

IMG_7576[1].jpg IMG_7577[1].jpg IMG_7578[1].jpg IMG_7579[1].jpg
 
Yes I had this problem. Controlling the Phosphate was key for me and a good clean up crew. Toothbrush and water vacuum did the rest
 
Yes I had this problem. Controlling the Phosphate was key for me and a good clean up crew. Toothbrush and water vacuum did the rest
Thanks for the reply benbalter, phosphates reading zero so its really hard to tell how high or low these are. Debating carbon dosing or fluconazole. I want to battle this naturally however, issue doesnt seem to be going away. Anyone else dealt with this particular kind of algae before??
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new