Current Loop IC light

lethal Angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this Current Loop light and have watched the videos and read the instructions so many times and I still can not get the light to program to turn off and on when I want it to.. does anyone else have this light and have been successful in programming it, if so can you please share how you did it... I really like the light but need to be able to use the on and off feature. Ty

ThinBuLine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights have been working well for me. I have 2 of the 48” on my 60 breeder.

The app leaves a lot to be desired. After you set your new programming, you have to resync the light by hitting the button with a counter clockwise circle. This sends the changes to the lights.

It’s still a pain for me as sometimes pumps won’t turn on or off… I have to reset the app each time I use it several times. The lights are growing acros and montis well but the programming is a giant pain. Best of luck.

jwilkey2468

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this Current Loop light and have watched the videos and read the instructions so many times and I still can not get the light to program to turn off and on when I want it to.. does anyone else have this light and have been successful in programming it, if so can you please share how you did it... I really like the light but need to be able to use the on and off feature. Ty
I have the current marine and the current marine ic model and they work great! The current marine light is under powered and you have to have the light sitting on the rim of the tank to get addiquite par levels. It’s strange how they program it, once you set your time you need to do some math to where the OFF time is. You can see in the instructions the off time should be set 7.5 hours before you want the tank light to turn off. Looking at the “light cycle overview” section, the moonlight and sunset setting take 7 hours to occur and each have a 15 min ramp down time.

I light my tank at 1 and it ends around 10:30ish so my On time is 1pm and Off time is 3.

The instruction manual is here: https://current-product-documentati...bit+IC+LOOP/Orbit-IC-LED-Light-Manual-Web.pdf

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back