Custom acrylic covers??

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get a cover for my rimless, but want to know what is recommended out there?

I looked into the red sea DIY but honestly I can make better ones myself from scratch.

These acrylic ones seem as the way to go but I've seen some "fog" with the tank evaporation.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one from Artfully Acrylic. I would say you are looking for one that has only the thin frame of acrylic around the edges and as little solid acrylic as possible. I have another one on a nano made by Smiz, but they don't make them anymore. No condensation under that one. Unfortunately, my tank is not set up yet under the Artfully Acrylic top, so not sure about the condensation that may form under it. I think anyone can make them the way you want them though. I think certain tanks and features require more surface area of acrylic and that may be what you are seeing.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
condensation will occur whenever there is heat and moisture. and since every tank environment can be different, there’s no way of knowing if your kid will collect condensation.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back