Custom ATO Reservoirs

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shep
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2014
Messages
6,864
Reaction score
6,574
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sponsors make custom ones? I would only need it to hold about 2-3g or if someone as a DIY suggestion, that would be great too. I currently am using a 1g jug but its pretty ugly and I just want something that is a little bit nicer looking. Thanks!
 
Take a trip to Walmart and check out there plastic container isle. I use two 1 gallon cereal containers for my alk and calc and a 2 gallon container for the ATO top off water for my nano (JBJ 28). In this picture you see the two gallon in front of the one gallon containers. What I like about these containers is there wide mouth openings making re-filling easy.

 
Meleve's reed does acrylic work. He has some on site.
 
Target in the pets section where you would store pet food is a good choice if your on a budget. Or some local sponsors here. Also try building an obsession. Amazing acrylic work.
 
Take a trip to Walmart and check out there plastic container isle. I use two 1 gallon cereal containers for my alk and calc and a 2 gallon container for the ATO top off water for my nano (JBJ 28). In this picture you see the two gallon in front of the one gallon containers. What I like about these containers is there wide mouth openings making re-filling easy.

Perfect! I was thinking of using something similar but was unsure and I love the work the Meleve's reef does but I feel like it might be way out of my budget lol
 
Meleve's reed does acrylic work. He has some on site.

+1

Plus he just had major back surgery and could probably use the extra scratch. He is a sponsor on the site and have been in the hobby/industry for as long as I can remember.
 
What sponsors make custom ones? I would only need it to hold about 2-3g or if someone as a DIY suggestion, that would be great too. I currently am using a 1g jug but its pretty ugly and I just want something that is a little bit nicer looking. Thanks!

Synergy reef systems makes some nice ones. I like the fact that they have the gallonage increments on the front and all the fittings.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new