Custom euro lip hydra light mount

beginnerreefer04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after doing a lot of research on custom stands for the ai lights that work on a euro lip style tank and not finding much I decided to create my own. I found the one ai offered to be wildly too expensive at 200. so for 65 dollars and a little labor I was able to create this. It’s very similar to the ai style mount except with the added option of being able to adjust the high the lights sit at by just simply threading the nut longer or shorter. All I needed for this project was a L bracket, some straight steel strips,a u channel cut the length of the tank, 10/32 threaded rod, 12 nuts and 8 washers. All of which was readily available at ace hardware for less the 65 dollars. If anyone would like more information on how I built it I am more than happy to share. I plan on painting it black in the next couple days to protect it from rust as it’s raw steel and will rust very easily when salt water gets in contact with it.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after doing a lot of research on custom stands for the ai lights that work on a euro lip style tank and not finding much I decided to create my own. I found the one ai offered to be wildly too expensive at 200. so for 65 dollars and a little labor I was able to create this. It’s very similar to the ai style mount except with the added option of being able to adjust the high the lights sit at by just simply threading the nut longer or shorter. All I needed for this project was a L bracket, some straight steel strips,a u channel cut the length of the tank, 10/32 threaded rod, 12 nuts and 8 washers. All of which was readily available at ace hardware for less the 65 dollars. If anyone would like more information on how I built it I am more than happy to share. I plan on painting it black in the next couple days to protect it from rust as it’s raw steel and will rust very easily when salt water gets in contact with it.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Nice looking mount!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back