Custom Laser-cut Acrylic Frag Racks

rlkilwil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I recently happened upon the opportunity to design and create some laser-cut reefing gear because a buddy of mine has access to a laser cutting machine! I'm planning to design frag racks, dosing containers, acclimation boxes, and more! However, I want to make sure I'm taking advantage of the opportunity and choosing/designing what I send him wisely. If you guys could create something out of acrylic totally custom, what would it be??? How should I design my racks? It's a bare bottom 60 gallon with lots of sps frags! I want all the ideas you guys have because usually they're great! :) Also, if this goes well, I would love to cut some custom racks for you guys! If you had to fill your tank with racks, how would you do it??

So far I'm thinking standing racks about 8" tall, and made out of a semi-translucent material so that I can grow LPS and softies on the bare bottom below the rack! Suggestions??

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be cool to have an all in one acclimation box for adding new fish/nems with an option to unfold it into a frag rack. That way when you are focused on fish you got what you need but when you are wanting to grow out some frags you are also covered. Honestly it’s normally one or the other at a time for me so I think it would be fun!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back