OP
S

StevenT1613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... it’s been a long journey with this build. Still have a lot of work to do but today feels like the turning point into enjoying the hobby again! Haha I was getting tired of all the preparation.

Today is a big day for the new Reef. My wife is glad the build is coming to an end with our new baby boy coming any day!

Slowly mixing saltwater. I’m trying out the Aquaforrest Probiotic Reef Salt. Seems to mix nicely so far.

3638e419c2fdfbcbfd97457d0ca99ee1.jpg

OP
OP
S

StevenT1613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice.. really like how clean that sump looks.

Thank you, The sump has been great! The only issue I had was installing my return pump. The return bulkhead is in the corner of the return chamber and my Varios8 made it hard to plumb the return pump through the bulkhead.
Everything worked out and the tank has been extremely enjoyable with very little maintenance. Coral will hopefully be coming soon!

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
+1 on the build. Found your stuff on YouTube. I am putting together some similar equipment. I have the CL-44 and the RO 220 INT on order. I was hoping you could share what size Jagers are in there. I would guess 200W?

Also, I have the VarioS-8 as well. Mind elaborating on what the difficulty was in using the bulkhead? I'm having them oversize my return hole to fit a 1-1/4" bulkhead but it sounds like the installation might be a problem?

StevenThomason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry been away, work has been crazy busy. I will upload some pictures and video for you.

Yes, i do believe it is the 200w heaters. I will double check though.

The main problem was with the return bulkhead placement. The return bulkhead on the CL44 is in the corner of the return chamber. With the size of the varios 8 pump, and the shallow depth of the sump (18”?) made the distance from the return pump output to bulkhead about 10” or so. The angle though made it impossible to hard-plumb without putting multiple 90 degree elbows to line the pump outlet with the bulkhead. I used tubing instead but the angle still made it hard to install.

Ideally I wish the bulkhead was more centered in the return chamber to allow a straight plumb for unrestricted flow.

This isn’t that big of a deal though once it’s installed. The CL-44 has been fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone!

OP
OP
S

StevenT1613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my dream reef tank with top of the line equipment, unfortunately life/work changes are causing me to sell. Would like to sell the whole setup, but if it must be parted out I will need to sell the livestock/coral first before the hardware.

Back