Custom sump build.. thoughts?

Piece of reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, i have a waterbox 90.3 and i have a sump thats 800mm x 340mm

Fits perfectly in the cabinet, just want some opinions on the custom sump im going to make, and the sections

So will go from
Clarisea roller to heaters to nyos skimmer to bubble trap to fuge and chiller pump to bubble trap to return pump

What do you guys think? :)

Screenshot_20220924-235401_Samsung Notes.jpg

wculver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, i have a waterbox 90.3 and i have a sump thats 800mm x 340mm

Fits perfectly in the cabinet, just want some opinions on the custom sump im going to make, and the sections

So will go from
Clarisea roller to heaters to nyos skimmer to bubble trap to fuge and chiller pump to bubble trap to return pump

What do you guys think? :)

Screenshot_20220924-235401_Samsung Notes.jpg
Couple comments:
1. I would prefer to have my heaters in the middle section with the reactor pumps so they are easy to get to rather than a small space partitioned off by the roller filter and skimmer where there's already so much equipment in one place.
2. I actually don't see much value in the roller filter long term so I prefer socks for their occasional use like when I clean the tank. This assuming the reactor will in part be for carbon dosing. Havint the roller filter/skimmer/and reactor will end up making the tank too clean for coral.
3. I prefer to have my effluent go back into the skimmer. I really have mine directed at the skimmer inlet so I'm sure to catch most of the effluent with the skimmer process. I would recommend this setup, just make sure that you are able to accomodate for that situation if you also wanted that setup.

OP
OP
P

Piece of reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple comments:
1. I would prefer to have my heaters in the middle section with the reactor pumps so they are easy to get to rather than a small space partitioned off by the roller filter and skimmer where there's already so much equipment in one place.
2. I actually don't see much value in the roller filter long term so I prefer socks for their occasional use like when I clean the tank. This assuming the reactor will in part be for carbon dosing. Havint the roller filter/skimmer/and reactor will end up making the tank too clean for coral.
3. I prefer to have my effluent go back into the skimmer. I really have mine directed at the skimmer inlet so I'm sure to catch most of the effluent with the skimmer process. I would recommend this setup, just make sure that you are able to accomodate for that situation if you also wanted that setup.
Ill reply numbered so i get to all of it

1) Noted, ill put the heaters in a different section (your definitely right because i had the aqua reef sump and i could never access that section), so yeh good idea thanks and the for the filter roller, i currently have had sock for about 1.5 years and im just getting lazy with it, thats the reason for the rollermat but im doing more research as we speak

2) So for the reactor section, i was planning on just having it there untill and if needed, in the meantime i could put some rock to help with beneficial bacteria

3) If i was to run a fuge i didnt want the skimmer to be after it so it doesnt suck up any of the goodies, but will definitely take it into consideration

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back