Customer acrylic canopy - Fluval sea evo 52l

wezbow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello :)

recently joined (like today haha) and did my welcome post :)

So I have a Fluval sea Evo 52l running stock lid and stock LED which I am in the process of changing.

I have had a customer made clear acrylic lid created (arrived today) which I want to use to replace the current stock lid and will replace the stock LED with Fluval Sea and Marine nano LED (Bluetooth version)

My question is - anyone know the amount of weight the tank to carry ref the lid?

I think the stock lid + stock LED weights in around 1kg while my new lid weights in at around 2.7kg + whatever the Fluval LED weight is (its under 1kg) - (not touching the new lid but clamped to the tank glass so still adds some weight.

I've attached images

I am pretty sure this tank can take the extra weight from the new lid but cannot find any information via google

thanks in advance

Wez

FYI - the corals are closed because I've had the lights off most of the day due to some brown algae appearing so ramping down the lights and feeding until its under control

IMG-20211116-WA0001.jpeg IMG_20211116_155034.jpg IMG_20211116_155046.jpg

OP
OP
W

wezbow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind glass lids dont allow proper gas exchange, might be worth it to look into that
hello :)

yeah I have spacers that will sit between the lid and tank walls and have cut outs a long the sides (top, bottom, left and right) to allow (a) cables coming out the tank and (b) access to fresh air.

if need be I will drill a few holes in to the lid and if extreme I will add a fan.

thank you for the advice - its amazing how much there is to think about when keeping marine

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello :)

yeah I have spacers that will sit between the lid and tank walls and have cut outs a long the sides (top, bottom, left and right) to allow (a) cables coming out the tank and (b) access to fresh air.

if need be I will drill a few holes in to the lid and if extreme I will add a fan.

thank you for the advice - its amazing how much there is to think about when keeping marine
Yeah there a lot of key details, some very minor, that can drastically change the outcome of you tank, and happiness of your livestock.

Glad to hear you have spacers, and yeah if you drill some holes it should work just fine

Good luck with your tank, looks awesome!

OP
OP
W

wezbow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Lid installed a long with new LED and cable ties to hold phosguard (lowering phosphates a bit and yes I did wash the bag first and will monitor the levels)

I didn't take into account condensation and might have to add some sort of netting in the front cut out so clowns don't try to escape... But overall I am happy.

IMG_20211116_194726.jpg
IMG_20211116_194539.jpg
IMG_20211116_193105.jpg
IMG_20211116_193057.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back