Tmc reef pump compact 500 for Fluval evo

mazza

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2024
Messages
67
Reaction score
12
Location
dublin Ireland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I’ve recently purchased a new pump for my Fluval evo 52l it’s a tmc reef compact 500 It has adjustable speeds from 10% to 100% with a overall flow rate of 500L/H I’m pretty new to the hobby and I’m unsure of the correct speed is acceptable for my tank with just 2 clownfish and 3 hermits if anyone could point me in the right direction would be much appreciated thanks.
 
I would set it at 30% . See how it goes. Clowns dont need much flow. Its to tank that needs some water movement to prevent stuff from accumulating on rock and sand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new