• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

customize your sps frags

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Al,

I got the package today. I don't know where to start .... You are one of the best sellers I have dealt with since starting this hobby 4 months ago!!!

Your prices are great. Your communication was excellent. You packaged them wonderfully. The frags are even better than the pics. All this ... and you threw in feeebies!!!

All I can say is thanks. And let me know when you have more for sale!!! You are now my favorite seller. Please use me as a reference when you need.

Thanks a billion,
Steve

I just got my package yesterday and think the same thing. The packaging was excellent and they were shipped right on time...:)

Thanks again All

Steve

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm really glad everything turned out ok. I gota be honest, in that I feel uneasy sometimes about shipping through USPS.

every time i drop off a package, its different every time. this time they taped up the box with that "express tape", which of course went over the "TO address" i printed out.

and sometimes they've said last drop off is 5pm, this time they said it was 4:10, and i was there at 4pm...lol

and i think the package to orlando made it before the package to hampton, VA.....go figure....lol

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine made it at 11 in the morning.....:)

Ive always had good experiences with usps.....

yeah, thats CRAZY!! lol

i've sent packages to philidelphia, and recieved from the same area and it took 2 days for express service. so the fact that it came make it 3000miles away before another package sent the same time can make it 300miles away...makes no sense to me. lol

but in retrospect, considering i think your package was $30-$32 to send due to the weight (that digi colony), it would only cost me about $10 more to go with FedEx and get a little more assurance, better tracking system updated in a timely manner, better customer service, etc.

w/ zoas, i probably wouldn't care either way, but with sps i just get nervous sometimes.

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
btw...i packed 1 frag in each of your packages, that i actually wrapped up in a paper towel...how is it doing compared to the others?

just curious...b/c i'm testing different shipping methods.

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
btw...i packed 1 frag in each of your packages, that i actually wrapped up in a paper towel...how is it doing compared to the others?

just curious...b/c i'm testing different shipping methods.

Werent they all in paper towels or are you saying you dry shipped one?

Oh yeah that digi colony is HUGE, and for 20$. Great for a noob sps guy like me. Thanks for that. All polyps opening up and got the freebie tricolor :).

Also, one more question. When sps are stressed they lose their color, right? How long will it take for them to settle in and color back up?

Thanks

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Werent they all in paper towels or are you saying you dry shipped one?

Oh yeah that digi colony is HUGE, and for 20$. Great for a noob sps guy like me. Thanks for that. All polyps opening up and got the freebie tricolor :).

Also, one more question. When sps are stressed they lose their color, right? How long will it take for them to settle in and color back up?

Thanks

its REALLY hard to say, some of the frags may have been in the shade in my tank since i took the pictures also, so they could have lost color that way.

whenever i get new milli's in my tank, they turn green for about a month before they start returning to their normal glory. some people never have a problem with sps "adjusting", for some people it may take months. just totally depends on your tank really.

actually, i just balled up a wet paper towel and put it in the bag in most of them, to prevent the frag from sliding around in the bag. but one of them (the tricolor), i actually wrapped up in the paper towel (like damp shipping), but it had water in the bag like normal.

i've had great success wrapping them up in wet paper towels, and keeping water in the bag (i like to do this to protect the corals from sloshing around). but in a trade a couple months ago, i had 2 acros die by this method...so i was wondering what went wrong...so i was thinking i got too much air in the paper towel when i wrapped the coral up (like a big air bubble inside the wet papertowel which killed the coral).

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i will keep you updated in the coming weeks to see if they color up at little more.

The tri-color is fine, i will see how it does also....:)

Thanks

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 57 41.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 49.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back