Customizing ProClear 230 Lid for Plank Feeder

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reef5

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 1, 2021
Messages
61
Reaction score
50
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ProClear 230 Peninsula in the works and am considering getting the "official" lid from ProClear.

However, I would like to use a Plank feeder, which would likely require me to make a custom cutout. Aside from this modification, I don't need any additional customization.

How easy would it be to make my own cutout for the Plank feeder on this lid?

If it's too difficult or risky without breaking the lid, do you think options from TopLids, Octo or Kraken would be better in terms of quality? The lid from ProClear seems to be the most affordable option, but if the other lids are sturdier and offer evaporation covers while accommodating the Plank feeder, it might be worth paying more.

Please let me know your thoughts.
 
Can pro clear customize it with a hole for the plank? I assume they make these on the fly as they are ordered. Probably an easy customization
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new