Cyano battle on the 360 gallon, play by play videos on the treatment

Clueless_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends - in case anyone is interested in watching I'm doing some videos to show the play by play of me treating the cyano. I'm hoping it helps others if I'm successful.

dbdisok

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends - in case anyone is interested in watching I'm doing some videos to show the play by play of me treating the cyano. I'm hoping it helps others if I'm successful.

Have you ever looked into Waste Away from Dr. Tim's Aquatics? I'm using it to battle cyno and other crap including bubble and hair algae. It works very well. The interesting part is the advise to turn off the skimmer for a few hours after dosing and how my filter sock clogged very quickly. The filter sock is a sign of how dirty my substrate and rocks were.

OP
OP
Clueless_Reefer

Clueless_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dbdisok I just recently heard about the Waste Away and probably would have tried it if I didn't already have a box of this Chemiclean on hand. If the issue does creep up again I will definitely pick some up.
I went ahead and removed my filter sock silencers though during this period so that way the two socks don't get any blockages.

In case anyone wants to see yesterday's update - please see the next vid :)

OP
OP
Clueless_Reefer

Clueless_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Just realized I didn't post my video from yesterday so I'll post with today's video too. Enjoy! It's interesting that I have some green hair algae coming out of nowhere!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back