Cyano Clean

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This product showed up on Wednesday or Thursday of last week and I started dosing it along with Coral Snow. Lately, if I leave any of the whites on by late in the day I've got a pretty good mat of cyano on portions of the sandbed. Today, after turning the whites up early on Saturday, I've virtually got nothing. Time will tell but so far it seems to be working very well for me and absolutely no side effects that I've yet to witness.

Dave

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats awesome news -- keep us updated. ive always used chemi clean for cyano issues but it would be nice to know there is another product to use.

OP
OP
cee

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a trace to be found on quick glance in the usual places today. Also I don't have to worry about the crazy foaming skimmer for days like I do with Chemi Clean so overall I'm pretty pleased. I'll keep up preventative dosing while we're away for about a week and then likely stop.

Dave

OP
OP
cee

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, not other real changes other than to put the "white" LEDs back on to 60% or so. The label does say it can take up to 8 weeks to remove and to start the treatment at the first signs. I waited about a month before starting mine but did a lot of PM (prior to using the KZ products) by siphoning what I could during water changes, dosing hydrogen peroxide, etc. However, the real change started when I dosed the Cyano Clean, Coral Snow and a bit of ZeoBak. I've been a real fan of the Korralen-Zucht products since they first came out.

Dave

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good news! I also have used chemi clean and it's kind of a pain to use - keep us updated

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following your lead @cee, I am now one week in to an eight week treatment with Cyano Clean.

I like the idea of it more than the Chemi-Clean.

Combined with manual removal, hoping for improvement.

Are you dosing daily, or weekly?

OP
OP
cee

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...so yes, I did continue with CyanoClean. After about 2 weeks, including ZeoBak and CoralSnow, I appear to be free of cyano (good thing -- I'm out of CyanoClean). However, my problem was apparently two-fold. I also have/had dinos, so now I'm dealing with that. I don't like stringy things on my acros so I've resorted to reducing my washing soda/calcium chloride dosing a bit in favor of kalkwasser in the top-off. I basically need to increase the pH as we get deep into winter with a sealed-up house and the trapped CO2 that typically results this time of the year. I've only just started this as I did have a bit of a problem finding pickling lime locally but finally found some. Now, in spite of my past experiences in reefing, apparently I need to monitor my pH a bit more closely, especially after the house has been sealed up for several months. To those out there who've had recent cyano/dino/other algae issues you might want to look into the pH issue. I suspect that, come Spring, it may alleviate on its own but until then I'll keep up with the kalkwasser.

Dave

CastAway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Four weeks in with Cyano Clean, four more to go, and cyano has abated to just one low flow corner. Might be gone all together had I been more diligent with manual removal. Impressed with the product.

CastAway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just over a week to go before I start a weekly maintenance dose. NO VISIBLE CYANO! Super happy with this product.

Thanks for the lead on a bacteria solution @cee, as opposed to an antibiotic.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great info guys!

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following your lead @cee, I am now one week in to an eight week treatment with Cyano Clean.

I like the idea of it more than the Chemi-Clean.

Combined with manual removal, hoping for improvement.

Are you dosing daily, or weekly?

Why do you like it over Chemi-Clean ?

CastAway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is about 210g total volume, and I used 16 drops per day for eight weeks, then, 16 drops on Saturdays.

Having done one ChemiClean treatment, with no real success, and, hearing the ChemiClean kind of killed bacteria indiscriminately, I though a biological solution might be better. It worked as directed.

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, thanks for the great information.

So, how much did you go through in the 8 weeks and at what cost ?

I'll do some cost research tomorrow for my tank.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I purchased some as well as I recently started dealing with cyano. It comes in next week.

CastAway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, thanks for the great information.

So, how much did you go through in the 8 weeks and at what cost ?

I'll do some cost research tomorrow for my tank.
I bought the 50ml bottle on-line, and am at the very end of it. Need a new bottle now.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just started dosing yesterday. I'll keep you updated.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back