Radicalrob1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all thanks for reading.
20210908_172738.jpg
20210909_144037.jpg

Can anyone ID this for me ? I think it's cyano. Been battling this for 3 months but it won't go away. Even tried one dose of chemi clean which helped but then came back . It's more brown in person than the picture looks

OP
OP
R

Radicalrob1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole issue was that I got my tank too clean. Then the stuff showed up. I even tested my phos last night and it was immeasurable. No3 is at about 10 ppm. Since my nitrates went up to that my corals are looking a tiny bit better. So I dosed a small amount of phosphate to the tank last night. It has 0 effect on the stuff. It just doesn't seem to get any better or worse really

OP
OP
R

Radicalrob1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does it come off in sheets?
No it comes off like powder. It kinda acts like diatoms but looks like cyano. Kinda weird. Chemi clean does work. I'm trying one more dose tonight but gonna use carbon to get rid of it as well as monitor my phosphates to see how they react. I think doing the water change after made my tank too clean again. I'm always growing whatever will grow on my back glass to see if I can get some green algae growing. Haven't seen that stuff in months. Just brown/red stuff. Before nitrates were non existant. But managed to get them to 10 ppm. Phosphates on the other hand keep disappearing. I had 0.5 and after wine water change last week they disappeared. So this algae us definately consuming them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back