Cyano or Dynos

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Is it species dependent or works well with all Dino? Do you recommend I try it in conjunction with the carbon dosing method or just by itself?
No carbon dosing and most common species (amphi and ostreo and even cyano)

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No carbon dosing and most common species (amphi and ostreo and even cyano)
Awesome. Ok I’ll switch to your method. I’m also worried about the carbon dosing method for my situation anyways because my phosphate and nitrate are very low as is, actually tested 0 nitrate, 0.01 phosphate 3 days ago. So I’m worried about my coral using the carbon dosing method. Would you suggest I dose nitrates and phosphates while using your method?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Awesome. Ok I’ll switch to your method. I’m also worried about the carbon dosing method for my situation anyways because my phosphate and nitrate are very low as is, actually tested 0 nitrate, 0.01 phosphate 3 days ago. So I’m worried about my coral using the carbon dosing method. Would you suggest I dose nitrates and phosphates while using your method?
Focus first on dino then address the no3 and po4 after the 5 days

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Focus first on dino then address the no3 and po4 after the 5 days
Ok. What settings should I use in mobius with my radions? You said white off, blues 10-15%. What about all these other colors? UV, violet, lime, red?

AC966A29-70A5-488D-9C9C-5B58F595898F.jpeg

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ok. What settings should I use in mobius with my radions? You said white off, blues 10-15%. What about all these other colors? UV, violet, lime, red?

AC966A29-70A5-488D-9C9C-5B58F595898F.jpeg
10% blue
- no red-green or uv

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

having experience with this and helping many, its dino.
Prepare by starting with a water change and blow this stuff loose with a turkey baster and siphon up loose particles.
Turn lights off (at least white and run blue at 10-15% IF you have light dependant corals) for 5 days and at night dose 1ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 10 gallons for all 5 nights. If you dont have light dependent coral- turn all lights off.
During the day dose 1ml of liquid bacteria (such as bacter 7 or XLM) per 10 gallons.
Clean filters daily and DO NOT FEED CORAL FOODS OR ADD NOPOX as it is food for dinos.
Day 5,, you can start with blue lights - ramping up and work your white lights up slowly
LFS nearby doesn't have Microbacter 7 or XLM. Only bacteria product they have on hand right now is Dr. Tim's but that's basic nitrifying bacteria I think? Would this help or should I start the hydrogen peroxide and lighting down, and wait for Microbacter 7 which would come tomorrow in mail from Amazon.
I actually did 48 hrs complete blackout, the. 20% blues only for 4 days while on treatment.
do you have coral? I have mostly LPS and softies but do have some sps like montipora and acropora.

I wonder also, what do I do about my refugium light? I’ve got some coral down there. Currently I’ve got it turned down to 4hrs/day because I’m trying to get my nitrates and phosphates up which are both either 0 or close to it most days lately. It’s a more reddish LED mostly for macro algae.

OP
OP
branbray07

branbray07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS nearby doesn't have Microbacter 7 or XLM. Only bacteria product they have on hand right now is Dr. Tim's but that's basic nitrifying bacteria I think? Would this help or should I start the hydrogen peroxide and lighting down, and wait for Microbacter 7 which would come tomorrow in mail from Amazon.

do you have coral? I have mostly LPS and softies but do have some sps like montipora and acropora.

I wonder also, what do I do about my refugium light? I’ve got some coral down there. Currently I’ve got it turned down to 4hrs/day because I’m trying to get my nitrates and phosphates up which are both either 0 or close to it most days lately. It’s a more reddish LED mostly for macro algae.
At the time i had lost all sps, the only thing i had were lps. Dinos basically wiped my tank.

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the time i had lost all sps, the only thing i had were lps. Dinos basically wiped my tank.
Wow how do they wipe corals so badly? If I continue to blow them off can they still wipe corals? I do notice some of my daisy polyps and zoas have been a little closed up lately. Do they hurt them? Or is it some toxin in water column?

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have well one hundred persons who got through their battle successfully
Beat mine using a similar method. I used calcium carbonate solution. With a black out. added pods And micobacter something. blew off the rocks and water change before anything

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do your Dino enter the water column at night? In other words, gone first thing when lights come on but then get worse thru the day?
If they do, get yourself a uv light.
I tried vetteguy53081's way for months with nothing happening. Once the uv went on, just a few weeks and they dwindled to nothing. I only ran it at night.
Lights out is only a temporary solution.

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beat mine using a similar method. I used calcium carbonate solution. With a black out. added pods And micobacter something. blew off the rocks and water change before anything
This is not similar to h202 vetteguy says? Were you just explaining a bit loosely or am I missing something?

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
having experience with this and helping many, its dino.
Prepare by starting with a water change and blow this stuff loose with a turkey baster and siphon up loose particles.
Turn lights off (at least white and run blue at 10-15% IF you have light dependant corals) for 5 days and at night dose 1ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 10 gallons for all 5 nights. If you dont have light dependent coral- turn all lights off.
During the day dose 1ml of liquid bacteria (such as bacter 7 or XLM) per 10 gallons.
Clean filters daily and DO NOT FEED CORAL FOODS OR ADD NOPOX as it is food for dinos.
Day 5,, you can start with blue lights - ramping up and work your white lights up slowly
Assuming:
No skimmer?
No Carbon media?

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do your Dino enter the water column at night? In other words, gone first thing when lights come on but then get worse thru the day?
If they do, get yourself a uv light.
I tried vetteguy53081's way for months with nothing happening. Once the uv went on, just a few weeks and they dwindled to nothing. I only ran it at night.
Lights out is only a temporary solution.
I read that some that leave during the night and come back as lights on for a bit are burrowing, not going into water column. Lol so many variables. I'm down to try UV also. I'll try anything to fix this lol. Given that Vetteguy's method is only 5 days long. I see no issue in trying it out, and if it doesn't work I'll pick up UV. Do you know what kind of dinos you had? Did you ID with microscope by any chance? I haven't read the 700 page new dino thread, but I'll get started on it now. Read another 9 page carbon dosing for dino thread. So much to read lol.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back