Cyano Problem – Zero Nitrate, Low Phosphate

  • Thread starter Thread starter flight82
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
All my tanks are kept at nitrate 20-40 ppm
And phosphate .1-.2ppm , I would still say you need to increase nitrate otherwise bad bacteria / algae will grow (the cyano). My tanks also had no algae
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2879.jpeg
    IMG_2879.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1995.jpeg
    IMG_1995.jpeg
    358.9 KB · Views: 36
Increase nutrients while removing the cyano , it allows an even playing field so that the good bacteria algae can outcompete the bad, not changing the environment and removing the cyano will lead to you having to remove more cyano
 
All my tanks are kept at nitrate 20-40 ppm
And phosphate .1-.2ppm , I would still say you need to increase nitrate otherwise bad bacteria / algae will grow (the cyano). My tanks also had no algae
Wow, your tank is a stunner my friend!
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new