Cyano????

FixIt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blues and night time ramp on my stock led biocube just started up so this is the best pic I have but does this look like cyano? Only some looks reddish in color while all the rest really looks brown like diatoms. I also seem to be getting some hair algae. I will update this tomorrow with water parameters as I am running out the door now. If it is cyano what's the best form of fight on this? The tank is about 5 months old give or take a week I think.
20181001_173259.jpeg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its cyano your first step is to siphon it out. Normally it passes if you have your parameters in line.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blues and night time ramp on my stock led biocube just started up so this is the best pic I have but does this look like cyano? Only some looks reddish in color while all the rest really looks brown like diatoms. I also seem to be getting some hair algae. I will update this tomorrow with water parameters as I am running out the door now. If it is cyano what's the best form of fight on this? The tank is about 5 months old give or take a week I think.
20181001_173259.jpeg
Normally this will pass on a new tank. If you are purposefully trying to reduce nutrients, it might progress. What's helped me was not disturbing the sandbed, running carbon, and dosing nitrates.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back