Cyanobacteria Microscopy

  • Thread starter Thread starter ckirby
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ckirby

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2026
Messages
45
Reaction score
53
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I believe is cyanobacteria with a splash of dinoflagellates under a compound microscope.

20260831_153535_CDFBCC54-74C1-4311-8618-B8D3917A279F.png


20260831_153535_75FDDE28-0528-483A-BAD1-9ECF6A9FF7B1.png


20260831_153535_8945BF81-7EE9-49DB-AAF8-97E347784CC3.png
 
What I believe is cyanobacteria with a splash of dinoflagellates under a compound microscope.

20260831_153535_CDFBCC54-74C1-4311-8618-B8D3917A279F.png


20260831_153535_75FDDE28-0528-483A-BAD1-9ECF6A9FF7B1.png


20260831_153535_8945BF81-7EE9-49DB-AAF8-97E347784CC3.png
Yeah, looks like that to me too. Were some the filaments squirming or swaying a bit?
It did appear to be moving occasionally but that could’ve been me bumping the lenses.
 
I can't see any dinoflagellates, but the filaments are Cyanobacteria.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new