Cyanobacteria - questions, answers and solution

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the video he barely mentions their products, he pretty much mentions that you need nitrates and phosphates in decent amounts, (10 nitrates, 0.10 phosphates) also mentions sand, in some occasions you need to get rid of it, also mentions UV for dinos, also mentions 3 day total blackout (no lights).

I'm just trying to narrow what is needed, what causes it and how to stop it, so after hearing that podcast and reading your suggestions, both share similar approaches with its differences. Your suggestion is 100% water change after cleaning everything with new salt water, I'm not saying it is not gonna work, I'm just saying that your approach is too annoying if you wanna call it somehow, so I'm trying to find other ways before going 100% water clean up.

In other words, I'll take your suggestion as last resort not because I don't believe you, pretty much my concern is that maybe I have to do your approach more than once or maybe every year or so, that's what really worries me.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 39.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back