Cycle Question

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I transferred some media into my new lobster tank and then got a new tank and moved everything over again these have been my levels for about a week. I totally added too much fish food by accident a week ago, more sand, and more bacteria. My cycle seems stalled. I’m getting ammonia, nitrates, and nitrites. Is it possibly it’s over? And I can do a water change to get ammonia down and get my lobster? Advice is appreciated.
1B1C408B-A25E-483C-9BEB-88884B5E737B.jpeg

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure Im following your situation......you have a new lobster tank.......and then you got another new tank so you have two new tanks? One is with the lobster and the other has ???

If you added too much food into your new tank #2, then the food might be giving you some odd readings....but yes a water change would be helpful.

Eric

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im not sure Im following your situation......you have a new lobster tank.......and then you got another new tank so you have two new tanks? One is with the lobster and the other has ???

If you added too much food into your new tank #2, then the food might be giving you some odd readings....but yes a water change would be helpful.

Eric
No I have one new tank now and one old one. I put old media in a new tank and I didn’t like that new tank so I transferred it into another tank that is the lobster tank.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you put too much food in, then I would vacuum as much as possible and do a large water change, hopefully bring the ammonia down to around .2 or something like that. Then I would wait for ammonia and nitrite to be zero. Inverts are more sensitive than fish, don't rush it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back