cycle stalled???

LegoZ81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will it kill all crustaceans? Like pods? And shrimp? There are 1-2 shrimp hitchhikers in there that I was maybe going to keep for the fuge, but probably not haha. But I def. don't want to kill any pods. One of the reason I got the ocean rock.

Interceptor will make a decent dent in pods population and can stress/kill shrimp. You can try a fresh water dip to get the crabs to bail out but that will kill alot of "desired" hitchhikers.

On a sidenote, I will always use dry/base rock on new setups after my initial 125 setup and fishless cycle with pure ammonia. There are MANY bad things that hitchhike that can sit dormant or unseen for a long time that seem to come out of nowhere to cause probles . The use of only dry rock I am sure is highly contested, and I will not argue for it so no need for anyone to try, there are always positives and negative to every method. ;)

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just setup a crab trap take a 20 oz coke bottle cut the bottle in half turn the spout around backwards super glue it or silicone it with 100 percent clear geII....put some rubble in it to weigh it down....put some food in there and set it up next to the rocks where the crabs can crawl in but not out;)

Back