Cycle with fritz 900

Jrflip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to the saltwater hobby and I’m trying to figure out if my 100 gallon tank is cycled. I added fritz and two clown fish I’m now on day 9 and my nitrites are crazy high 5.0ppm or more. My ammonia is 0.0 and nitrates is 0.0 should I do a water change to complete the cycle.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd, but it should be fine. They should go down and then you will see nitrate rise

OP
OP
Jrflip

Jrflip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd, but it should be fine. They should go down and then you will see nitrate rise
Exactly! I’ve don’t countless hours or research before setting the tank up. I’ll just wait it out though, the fish seems to be healthy eating etc but thanks for the reply

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly! I’ve don’t countless hours or research before setting the tank up. I’ll just wait it out though, the fish seems to be healthy eating etc but thanks for the reply

Fritz 900 is one of the more "potent" bottles of cycling bacteria out there so it doesn't surprise me that the ammonia is fine especially given the size of the tank with two small fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back