Cycling in a week?

JumpingFlea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last Friday I did my first test after 2 days of ghost feeding. Ammonia was .25 while nitrite and nitrate were 0. After I did the tests I put in media from a different tank into the sump of the new tank with a bottle of bacteria. On Monday I did my second test and Ammonia was somewhere between .25 and 0, Nitrite was around .25, and Nitrate was 0. Today I tested the water and Ammonia was 0, Nitrite was zero, but Nitrate looked to be zero too.
IMG_1269.jpeg
IMG_1270.jpeg

If it is zero across the board then is it still cycling or is it done? Can a 150 gallon tank cycle in 1 week?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrate being zero implies there was never any ammonia in the first place. Ghost feeding isn't the best route. What media was added? What bacteria was used?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back