- Joined
- Apr 21, 2025
- Messages
- 25
- Reaction score
- 14
- Location
- Chicago
- What state or country do you live in
- Illinois
Hi there - I started my cycle on Sunday with Dr tim's and some stuff from the local fish shop (start smart). I started in fresh so I know to be patient so I didn't bother testing until today. So 4 days-ish:
No nitrite - no ammonia, and the nitrates are darker than 0 (yes that's the fresh scale behind it but I am aware of differences). Is this .. possible?
In case the testing kit was bad I threw more dr tim's in:
Nope not bad:
Has anyone cycled this fast before? Was my Fiji pink just magically still very alive somehow? I'm worried I made a mistake - so I'm really going to feed the bacteria -
But like - did I do something wrong? Maybe now I did I added a ton of ammonia omg.
No nitrite - no ammonia, and the nitrates are darker than 0 (yes that's the fresh scale behind it but I am aware of differences). Is this .. possible?
In case the testing kit was bad I threw more dr tim's in:
Nope not bad:
Has anyone cycled this fast before? Was my Fiji pink just magically still very alive somehow? I'm worried I made a mistake - so I'm really going to feed the bacteria -
But like - did I do something wrong? Maybe now I did I added a ton of ammonia omg.
