Cycling question (weird situation not misunderstanding)

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, and thx for the help in advance. I have a very weird situation due to a trip coming up fairly soon and a clay tile pipe collapsing. So I’ll start off with a little background. I don’t have space to finish my aquascape for my 200 gallon system since I had to move a lot of things to fix the pipe. I’m planning to order about 20-30 pounds of live rock and I have about 400 gallons worth of marine pure blocks.

My main question is would just adding the live rock and the bio media be enough to cycle the tank without it being screwed up? I will be adding the scape and sand about 2 weeks after I start cycling. I know not waiting is a little impatient but I’ve been waiting 6 months to get my tank cycling.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, and thx for the help in advance. I have a very weird situation due to a trip coming up fairly soon and a clay tile pipe collapsing. So I’ll start off with a little background. I don’t have space to finish my aquascape for my 200 gallon system since I had to move a lot of things to fix the pipe. I’m planning to order about 20-30 pounds of live rock and I have about 400 gallons worth of marine pure blocks.

My main question is would just adding the live rock and the bio media be enough to cycle the tank without it being screwed up? I will be adding the scape and sand about 2 weeks after I start cycling. I know not waiting is a little impatient but I’ve been waiting 6 months to get my tank cycling.

As long as you can dose ammonia on a daily basis, to fire up the cycling process

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you can dose ammonia on a daily basis, to fire up the cycling process

Yep that’s the plan Im just making sure adding the rock in the future wont screw up the cycle. Thx

You have 400 gallons of marine pure. What are you waiting for.get her done.
Ok I’m gonna get it going, thx

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back