Cycling Rock Temperature Question

Juggernoht

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Been a while since I posted, quick update. I have dry Marco rock in Brute trash cans, been in for 2.5 months now, tested during and still testing weekly. I definitely made it through the the nitrogen cycle (shrimp method) and the water parameters are staying consistent. My question is about the temp of the water. I live in Florida, Port St Lucie, and I am keeping them in my garage. The temp is 83-85 degrees without the heater and its not even summer time. Is that ok? Do I need a chiller for just rock?

I appreciate any advice.

Josey

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Been a while since I posted, quick update. I have dry Marco rock in Brute trash cans, been in for 2.5 months now, tested during and still testing weekly. I definitely made it through the the nitrogen cycle (shrimp method) and the water parameters are staying consistent. My question is about the temp of the water. I live in Florida, Port St Lucie, and I am keeping them in my garage. The temp is 83-85 degrees without the heater and its not even summer time. Is that ok? Do I need a chiller for just rock?

I appreciate any advice.

Josey
Nah 83-85 should be fine for just rocks.

Tidal Gardens

Coral Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be ok. You can try to get that to whatever you're going to run your systems temp at and it will be better but none the less I wouldn't worry about that range.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.1%
Back