Cycling

  • Thread starter Thread starter cjdad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cjdad

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Im a newbie here and got a question. Im on day 11 cycling with Dr. Tims bacteria and ammonia and ammonia is 0 nitrites are 4 and nitrates are .40. Question is should I add more ammonia so those bacteria die or should I leave ammonia at 0 til nitrites drop?
 
Personally I would wait it out, you're almost done.

If you mean "should you add ammonia so the bacteria don't die", the bacteria lasts a long time, I believe its been proven they can survive months.
 
Personally I would wait it out, you're almost done.

If you mean "should you add ammonia so the bacteria don't die", the bacteria lasts a long time, I believe its been proven they can survive months.
Thank you. That was what I was thinking but just wanted to make sure.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new