Cynarina Coral Deflation

sebisolani

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2022
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I got a Cynarina coral yesterday at my local fish store and has been good for the first night and first half of the day. But he has now randomly deflated and I’m not sure his mouth should be a bit open but it is. It is a 4 foot long tank. The zoomed up photo is it deflated and the other one is what he was in the morning. I appreciate the help as I am quite new to the hobby. Thank you!!


Salinity: 1.024 ppm
Nitrate: 10-15 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Temp: 24 degrees Celsius
Phosphate: 0.03
Alkalinity: 8

image.jpg ACDC41A9-74B9-4996-A19D-1305E7B3A7BF.jpeg
 
FWIW it looks bleached to me. Differences in lighting could be an explanation as well as just adapting to a new environment. I would just be patient.
 
it could be the picture angle, but it looks like its under a rock in the shade. If its being shaded it needs light
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new