Cynarina has white spaghetti like stuff coming out

peewee5779

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home today to find this stringy spaghetti like stuff coming out of it and also mucus. I haven't done anything different to the tank other than a normal every two week water change yesterday. I have had this coral for 8 months now and have never had any issues with it. All other corals are fine. Any body else experienced this before?
20221114_170958.jpg
20221114_164744.jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are fleshy parts of the stomach that is trying to snare some food. Drop in a chuck of shrimp, tuna, salmon, clam, or other seafood (sized for that tiny coral) and watch it eat it. You might need to put a net or 1/2 plastic bottle, or something similar over the coral to keep the clown or other fishes from stealing the meal. gl.

Mesentery filaments or something like that?

OP
OP
peewee5779

peewee5779

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are fleshy parts of the stomach that is trying to snare some food. Drop in a chuck of shrimp, tuna, salmon, clam, or other seafood (sized for that tiny coral) and watch it eat it. You might need to put a net or 1/2 plastic bottle, or something similar over the coral to keep the clown or other fishes from stealing the meal. gl.

Mesentery filaments or something like that?
Wow I've never seen it do that before! The only thing that I noticed that was different was that my cleaner shrimp had molted and its exo skeleton was laying near the cynarina. Maybe it was trying to snatch the remains?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back