Cyphastrea on glass

  • Thread starter Thread starter User
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
In my tank, cyphastrea has conquered all except mushrooms. It will cover and even grow up the stalks until Dr Suess looking structures are created.
IMG_2628.JPG
zoas. It will
 
In my tank, cyphastrea has conquered all except mushrooms. It will cover and even grow up the stalks until Dr Suess looking structures are created.
IMG_2628.JPG
zoas. It will

Thanks for your reply rossco,

So, what happens when it comes across a mushroom as it's growing? Will the Cyphastrea be damaged at that point? Or is it just that you don't have any mushrooms?

Zoas. it will....what, lol.
 
Neil, just try using some cyanoacrylate and attach the corals directly to the overflow box
 
I had success mounting montis directly to a plastic overflow box and the back glass of an Aqueon tank.
Cheers bud!
 
Mushrooms will slowly take over the cyphastrea. I have lots of mushrooms, more than I like. See the jawbreakers behind the “Seuss trees” ?
 
Mushrooms will slowly take over the cyphastrea. I have lots of mushrooms, more than I like. See the jawbreakers behind the “Seuss trees” ?

Ah, gotcha. That's a shame, I was hoping to find an attractive, fast growing encrusting coral that would serve the dual purposes of looking great, and ridding me of wretched colonising mushrooms.

Thanks for your help rossco, appreciated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new