Cyphastrea on the back glass?

  • Thread starter Thread starter elorablue
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
This is all it is at the moment, got a long way to go! Ha!
I'll try and get it on the glass tomorrow.

cyphastrea.jpg
 
Well, I've tried numerous times to glue the cyphastrea frag onto the back glass with no success. Longest it has stayed attached is three days.
I've tried with clean glass and 'dirty' glass. No Coraline on the glass yet.
I'm giving it a rest for a bit as the cyphastrea has been taking a bit of a beating since whenever it falls off its in the middle of the night and always ends up face down! Ha!
Would gluing the frag to some epoxy and then attaching the epoxy to the glass work?! Does epoxy stick to glass?

I've heard of these magnetic frag plugs but my tank is an AIO so both magnets would be under water, don't know if the "outside" magnet is rated for underwater use

anyway, I'll figure something out after it recovers from the abuse!
 
They're normally fast growers so shouldn't be difficult.
 
Very nice, how long has it been there?
The orange on the wall 1 year.
The pink branching was put in 2 months after the tank got wet in October 2019, so almost 2 years.
Here is a pic of it.
20191001_195147.jpg
 
Can it be scraped off?

I'd be worried about if something caused it to die in the tank - I've had a pretty large section of cyphastrea die off for some unknown reason before while everything else (including other cyphastrea) did fine.
 
Well, I've tried numerous times to glue the cyphastrea frag onto the back glass with no success. Longest it has stayed attached is three days.
I've tried with clean glass and 'dirty' glass. No Coraline on the glass yet.
I'm giving it a rest for a bit as the cyphastrea has been taking a bit of a beating since whenever it falls off its in the middle of the night and always ends up face down! Ha!
Would gluing the frag to some epoxy and then attaching the epoxy to the glass work?! Does epoxy stick to glass?

I've heard of these magnetic frag plugs but my tank is an AIO so both magnets would be under water, don't know if the "outside" magnet is rated for underwater use

anyway, I'll figure something out after it recovers from the abuse!
I swear by clear gorilla glue
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new