Cyphastrea on the back glass?

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried this? I just got a Seafoam cyphastrea and I'm trying to figure out where it would do best. I think it would look spectacular on the back glass but I don't know if it would be happy there. In my tank that location would be low flow and low/medium light. Any thoughts?
cheers

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, I'm going to graft some on to coral skeletons that are in the tank now. Hoping it will look awesome. Thinking about monti on one of the skeletons as well.
Hi-c orange on one and a purple monti on another, I have 5 skeletons I was thinking of covering.

OP
OP
elorablue

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, I'm going to graft some on to coral skeletons that are in the tank now. Hoping it will look awesome. Thinking about monti on one of the skeletons as well.
Hi-c orange on one and a purple monti on another, I have 5 skeletons I was thinking of covering.

I love that idea!!

I was just thinking, if I do put the cyphastrea on the glass it would be pretty darn flat. Perhaps I could glue some frag plug 'tops' on the glass so when it grew over them it would give some texture. Hmmmmm .........

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that idea!!

I was just thinking, if I do put the cyphastrea on the glass it would be pretty darn flat. Perhaps I could glue some frag plug 'tops' on the glass so when it grew over them it would give some texture. Hmmmmm .........
Or find a coral skeleton you like the shape of. Richards seashells is where I got all of mine. Ignore the ship lol

Attachments

• IMG_20200112_220152.jpg
    IMG_20200112_220152.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 141

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I cannot wait to see this. Great idea!
I have GSP and Xenia growing up the back of one of my tanks (just starting to grow up) but some Cyphastrea would be incredible. I don’t know how much I’m going to enjoy the Xenia and GSP when they get going but they’re easy enough to remove if I hate it.

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried this? I just got a Seafoam cyphastrea and I'm trying to figure out where it would do best. I think it would look spectacular on the back glass but I don't know if it would be happy there. In my tank that location would be low flow and low/medium light. Any thoughts?
cheers
The only issue would be if you need to move the aquarium, drop water levels, or the coral is out of the water for a period of time.

Great idea though!

ATAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it looked good? Any pics?
Unfortunately no, taking pics of someone's tank requires permission and... rather not get into those conversations with clients. There are plenty of examples on here, I have seen threads in the past. Corals being out of water for a period of time is not big deal, with or without lights on.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back