Cyphastrea question

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a softies tank and just received a Cyphastrea as a freebie. Will it probably survive if I keep up with weekly 10-20% water changes? I don't want to start doing more monitoring, etc for one $15 frag.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be hardy, at least the meteor shower variety that I have kept. Low light, even though it's stony.

It is a stony coral, so it does need alk to be in range. An API alk kit takes under a minute once a week and is somewhere in the 5-10$ range.

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be hardy, at least the meteor shower variety that I have kept. Low light, even though it's stony.

It is a stony coral, so it does need alk to be in range. An API alk kit takes under a minute once a week and is somewhere in the 5-10$ range.
Well ,if that's all I need to check in the end, I am in good shape! I try to always keep that in range.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well ,if that's all I need to check in the end, I am in good shape! I try to always keep that in range.
For stony corals, at minimum, I would check salinity and alk. They also need Ca and Mg to be in range, but for most of us those can be kept in check by water changes.

Are you dosing anything, especially alk and Ca?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 57 42.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 66 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.9%
Back