Nitrates below 10 in my mixed reef

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nitrates have dropped down below 10 for the first time in probably a year. I started dosing neonitro again recently to get them back up. Things seem to be happier when the nitrates are between 15 and 20 ppm. My goniopora in particular hate it with the nitrates this low. My Montipora digitata looks lame also. All the other corals, lobos, trachy's, chalices, favia, duncans, plating Montipora, encrusting Montipora, capitata, Pectinia, acans, cyphastrea, Stylocoeniella, turbinaria, symphyllia, Pocillopora, zoas and Ricordia don't seem to care either way. At the same time my Acros have shown no improvement at all, in PE or coloration. Low nitrates in my reef is no bueno FWIW
IMG_20240415_163555.jpg

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nitrates have dropped down below 10 for the first time in probably a year. I started dosing neonitro again recently to get them back up. Things seem to be happier when the nitrates are between 15 and 20 ppm. My goniopora in particular hate it with the nitrates this low. My Montipora digitata looks lame also. All the other corals, lobos, trachy's, chalices, favia, duncans, plating Montipora, encrusting Montipora, capitata, Pectinia, acans, cyphastrea, Stylocoeniella, turbinaria, symphyllia, Pocillopora, zoas and Ricordia don't seem to care either way. At the same time my Acros have shown no improvement at all, in PE or coloration. Low nitrates in my reef is no bueno FWIW
IMG_20240415_163555.jpg
That is one stunning display tank.

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Things seem to be happier when the nitrates are between 15 and 20 ppm."......

Same... mixed reef, 120G. Anytime it goes below 5, the corals complain........

OP
OP
MrGisonni

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much. I tweaked the phone pic a bit, but that is a true representation of the tank towards the end of my light cycle

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just count yourself lucky, I am about to have to dose to even get nitrates in my 240gal mixed reef.

Doubled the fish load, doubled the feeding, still 0...

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back