D-D Reef Pro 1500 Build

loweryphil

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
628
Reaction score
202
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I made the plunge, I went BIG! After putting 4 support posts in my cellar to take the weight, it arrived today!

And oh my!!! SHE'S A BEAUTY!! Its a lot bigger than I imagined but here goes. I plan on posting my journey as I could only find one build thread of these all over the net so by doing this I hope I help some one else out that is unsure on these tanks and hopefully push you in (or the other) direction.

First up, some pictures from a bloody long day. The tank arrived at 9:45am and as I sit and write this I'm waiting for the sand to clear at two minutes to midnight.

22kg of salt, 44kg of sand

It takes 4/5 people to get this into your home so please bare this in mind. Anyway the pictures.

DSC_0468.JPG IMG-20200522-WA0002.jpeg IMG-20200522-WA0006.jpeg DSC_0474.JPG IMG-20200522-WA0008.jpeg IMG-20200522-WA0013.jpeg IMG-20200522-WA0015.jpeg
 
Evening over here,

Thats a nice tank. Not too familiar with it, I guess your across the pond. You got it set up quick. Plans for it going forward?
 
Yeah it's uk based, deltec make the tanks, I did plan on going fish only, but the scape I came up with makes me want to continue with corals. Mainly lps and annenomes. Sps got too time consuming imo.
 
Deltec has a good name in reefing world. I like the rock. Look like boulders. Keep us updated
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new