Ruby Reef Rally Pro Articles?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cryingrn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cryingrn

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2026
Messages
79
Reaction score
46
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just wondering if anyone has posted any articles on Ruby Reef Rally Pro that would essentially have all of the information I could ever want to read about it. I tried using the search function and couldnt find any general overview information on this medication.

Essentially, I am nearing the (hopeful) end of my gill fluke outbreak. I tried treating in the DT and saw a positive response at first that started to back pedal, so I ended up tearing the 180g apart down through the sand bed to put my fish into various quarantine tanks. I am letting that tank run fallow still but today I am doing my last dose of prazipro on the fish themselves.

Still, I am wanting to be 1000% sure they have been eradicated, so I ordered some ruby reef rally pro and I am debating if I want to tack it on at the end of my prazipro treatment since my fish will have to hang out in quarantine tanks regardless for several more weeks. I am mainly just wanting to assess if it would be okay to do this, or if it's likely to put too much stress on the fish. Also if there are specific species that tend to have a sensitivity to this medication and the pros vs cons of doing a bath or in-tank treatment. Also also- if it is known to reduce appetite like prazipro is. I have a yellow tang that wasnt eating well to begin with (I think him and the wrasse he came in with were patient 0 for gill flukes), but he really has only hesitantly eaten live brine shrimp during the prazi treatment and has a pinched gut. I dont want to tack this on if he's likely to stop eating again (he has already been fed prazi/metro infused food prior to going into the hospital tanks for ~2weeks so hes been dewormed)

If anyone has done an overview write-up on it, I would appreciate it if you could help point me towards it. Video of my fish in one of the quarantine tanks snacking just for attention.

 
I am just wondering if anyone has posted any articles on Ruby Reef Rally Pro that would essentially have all of the information I could ever want to read about it. I tried using the search function and couldnt find any general overview information on this medication.

Essentially, I am nearing the (hopeful) end of my gill fluke outbreak. I tried treating in the DT and saw a positive response at first that started to back pedal, so I ended up tearing the 180g apart down through the sand bed to put my fish into various quarantine tanks. I am letting that tank run fallow still but today I am doing my last dose of prazipro on the fish themselves.

Still, I am wanting to be 1000% sure they have been eradicated, so I ordered some ruby reef rally pro and I am debating if I want to tack it on at the end of my prazipro treatment since my fish will have to hang out in quarantine tanks regardless for several more weeks. I am mainly just wanting to assess if it would be okay to do this, or if it's likely to put too much stress on the fish. Also if there are specific species that tend to have a sensitivity to this medication and the pros vs cons of doing a bath or in-tank treatment. Also also- if it is known to reduce appetite like prazipro is. I have a yellow tang that wasnt eating well to begin with (I think him and the wrasse he came in with were patient 0 for gill flukes), but he really has only hesitantly eaten live brine shrimp during the prazi treatment and has a pinched gut. I dont want to tack this on if he's likely to stop eating again (he has already been fed prazi/metro infused food prior to going into the hospital tanks for ~2weeks so hes been dewormed)

If anyone has done an overview write-up on it, I would appreciate it if you could help point me towards it. Video of my fish in one of the quarantine tanks snacking just for attention.


Sorry, I don’t know of any comprehensive articles on this product.

I’m familiar with its ingredients, and despite what you will read, none of them are effective against flukes at the dosage described. There is a trace amount of formalin in the product, but too low to treat flukes.

The only thing I recommend this product for is to treat Brooklynella in clownfish, and only then because the best treatment, formalin, isn’t safe to use in homes.
 
Sorry, I don’t know of any comprehensive articles on this product.

I’m familiar with its ingredients, and despite what you will read, none of them are effective against flukes at the dosage described. There is a trace amount of formalin in the product, but too low to treat flukes.

The only thing I recommend this product for is to treat Brooklynella in clownfish, and only then because the best treatment, formalin, isn’t safe to use in homes.
No worries! I think I read somewhere that it was effective against flukes, but if that's just because of the formalin I'll abstain. I have formalin already and I really don't like to use it for many reasons.

Still, I bought it mostly just to have some on hand and not because I was convinced I would use it in this situation. I appreciate it!
 
No worries! I think I read somewhere that it was effective against flukes, but if that's just because of the formalin I'll abstain. I have formalin already and I really don't like to use it for many reasons.

Still, I bought it mostly just to have some on hand and not because I was convinced I would use it in this situation. I appreciate it!
Not on flukes nor ich
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new