d2mini's "Essential Focus" Mixed Reef Build

jwarren220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to your new build bud! I followed your builds on Marsh and I have been a fan of your builds for some time. Your tanks have always been gorgeous!

I was in the same boat as you in 2012. We were living in Humble in a 3200 sq ft brand new home where I housed my 200 gallon.

Then the wife wanted to move back into the city where we now reside in a 2600 sq ft home built in the 1940's that was remodeled with a detach garage. So now I have a 80 gallon with limited space. but good things come in small packages bro. =D Congrats on the new house.. What part of town are you?
Love to come check you guys out some time as I also live in H-town on the Northside in Spring

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to your new build bud! I followed your builds on Marsh and I have been a fan of your builds for some time. Your tanks have always been gorgeous!

I was in the same boat as you in 2012. We were living in Humble in a 3200 sq ft brand new home where I housed my 200 gallon.

Then the wife wanted to move back into the city where we now reside in a 2600 sq ft home built in the 1940's that was remodeled with a detach garage. So now I have a 80 gallon with limited space. but good things come in small packages bro. =D Congrats on the new house.. What part of town are you?
Wow, that's kinda freaky weird similarity. :confused:

Love to come check you guys out some time as I also live in H-town on the Northside in Spring
I always have a pretty much open door policy with local reefers, welcome any time.
Once things are up and running you are more than welcome to come by. Except this time I won't have a frag tank room to lure you into. hahaha ;)

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
We have issues around here with having to keep the concrete slab foundations moist, and since that area will never see any direct water from the sprinklers (that i have yet to have installed), my thinking was this might help a little?
I dunno. Good intentions anyway. :D
Well heck, hose it down then! We have the complete opposite up here ;)

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE 3-30-16

More goodies are rolling in this week. Woohoo! :)
This was the next piece of equipment to arrive.
If you are familiar with my other builds, you'll know this item is a bit of a departure for me.
Luckily @Diesel filled me in on his (not so) secret uber special blend of bulbs. ;) Which I have yet to order. Maybe if my dang tank would ship! :p

i-dZLTVQs.jpg

i-6xJQJ85.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ah beautiful!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE 3-30-16

If you are familiar with my other builds, you'll know this item is a bit of a departure for me.
Luckily @Diesel filled me in on his (not so) secret uber special blend of bulbs. ;) Which I have yet to order. Maybe if my dang tank would ship! :p

i-dZLTVQs.jpg

i-6xJQJ85.jpg

Dennis...is that the PowerModule Hybrid? I have one in a shopping cart thanks to @Diesel as well, about to pull the trigger! Great looking house by the way...congrats. Looking forward to watching this build come together.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
UPDATE 3-30-16

i-dZLTVQs.jpg

i-6xJQJ85.jpg
Ahhh sweet man you went with the hybrid. Going to be so happy with this fixture

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dennis...is that the PowerModule Hybrid? I have one in a shopping cart thanks to @Diesel as well, about to pull the trigger! Great looking house by the way...congrats. Looking forward to watching this build come together.
Yessir! Thanks!

Ahhh sweet man you went with the hybrid. Going to be so happy with this fixture
I hope so. :)

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The reason that Dennis has one is cause he sees my tank all the time, but I bet he would like the MH and T5's better but just not possible on this build................. am I correct? @d2mini

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason that Dennis has one is cause he sees my tank all the time, but I bet he would like the MH and T5's better but just not possible on this build................. am I correct? @d2mini
Pretty much. If Geisemann offered more than 4 T5 bulbs in their mh/t5 fixture I may have gone that direction.
But I don't feel like I settled, either. I've always enjoyed the look of T5 tanks and colors, I just wish they had some contrast/shimmer. The LEDs seem help with that aspect.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pick-up Dennis. I use their older style dosing unit and it's been rock solid!

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pick-up Dennis. I use their older style dosing unit and it's been rock solid!

Love mine easy to adjust dosing from your phone.

Good to know!
I used to have their original doser as well, until I switched to a CaRx.
And my Profilux 3ex controller is on it's way back from Germany right now with a new screen.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CONSTRUCTION IS COMPLETE! :)

If you go back to the very beginning of this thread I showed some pics of the house before we moved in. And now here you can see the changes!
A whole new office space was created with some new partial walls, dining room moved to the bay window area, and kitchen cabinet extended with new pantry and built-in microwave.
The original microwave over the stove will eventually be replaced with a vent hood that actually does it's job as a vent.

i-jLNkWmk.jpg

i-8W28HtQ.jpg

i-hmg9skT.jpg

i-39NptCw.jpg

And again, here is where the tank will sit...

i-dGCN8DH.jpg

i-9vwJftz.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back