OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think about the Dragon's Breath? I am going to setup a 125 with a decent size sump and I plan to run macro algae in the refugium section. But I can't decide which algae to use. I have not had luck with chaeto. They just slowly die off. I have not tried caulerpa but I have seen quite a few people saying it went sexual for them and caused crashes. So I am wondering is the red Dragon's Breath is a good algae for nutrient control. Thanks
It's typically a slower grower so not the best for nutrient control. Chaeto is the king of that. But the dragons breath is pretty! ;)
I'd say that if the chaeto isn't growing, you probably don't have a nutrient problem (assuming it's getting a lot of light... high powered, full spectrum).

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's typically a slower grower so not the best for nutrient control. Chaeto is the king of that. But the dragons breath is pretty! ;)
I'd say that if the chaeto isn't growing, you probably don't have a nutrient problem (assuming it's getting a lot of light... high powered, full spectrum).
After running various Black box fuge lights, would you go with them again or try the kessil offerings?

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing about the Kessils appeal to me. Especially the price.
I'd go back to my HPS light first.
Ouch! I mean I am not a fan of their reef lighting but i was partially considering the h380 for a fuge light.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch! I mean I am not a fan of their reef lighting but i was partially considering the h380 for a fuge light.
lol, nothing against them, i just don't see the reason to spend $300 on a refugium light.
If you can hang it high and want to spend 3-4x as much as a Mars Hydro 300, it probably works great.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i-W59xrFJ.jpg

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw your other thread about VibrantSea did you ever get to try it?

No I️ kinda lost interest after someone pointed out the elevated potassium since mine already tends to run on the high side according to my Triton results.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great Dennis !! Its so amazing to see the tank return back and soon it will be a masterpiece after the reboot.

Regards,
Abhishek

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I️ run the ab+ program and they get around 250 par give or take.
very nice my friend, love the combo of natural TBS rock with "designer" acros so to speak. Very unique!

I am about to use a calcium rx for the first time and had planned on getting the ap carbondoser until i saw you say that you could build a nicer two stage for the same price basically. What are the disadvantages of the carbon doser? Does the electronic device not keep bubbles constant as the tank empties? I know that is the main benefit of a two stage, that it stays the same no matter how much is left in the tank, right?

What parts did you use and how much did it cost to build completely? Any special tools or skills required?

Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back