Daily phosphate test ?

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Salifert is also my go to after hanna. It sure is a pain with reagents sometimes. Is there a reason you were testing daily? I test phosphates about once a week for what it's worth :)

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, there is no test kit that can replace the URL phosphate kit from hanna. Nothing else can measure the low range the hanna does.

EDIT:

But if you want to know your not just 0, any cheap titration kit will work. Use the cheap kit first, if it says 0, then use the hanna. If the cheap kit says anything but 0, your good, no need to break out the hanna.

I personally keep my PO4 in the 0.1 to 0.3 range, so the hanna is needed to measure those low ranges.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reason I would test phosphate that frequently is if I was dripping in lanthanum or using lots of GFO. Otherwise, every once in a while is plenty.

I agree that the Hanna ULR kits are the only useful tests that are available to us, unless you keep phosphate 10x or more higher than natural seawater.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 104 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back